Are you a veteran vegan (pun intended) lacking inspiration (or time) for your meals? Or are you new to plant-based eating and want an easy and delicious dinner?
This vegan pad Thai can be made in the microwave in 15 minutes or less and is cheap too! Furthermore, this recipe is great for university students living in dorms or halls (who only have a microwave). It’s a perfect quick, tasty, budget-friendly meal without much cleanup.
So, ditch the takeaway and read on for how to make this easy vegan meal!
30 soba noodles
2 cups vegetable broth
1/3 cup beansprouts
2-3 baby carrots
1 tbsp fresh cilantro
2 tbsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
1/2 package of tofu 1 tsp rice vinegar
1 tbsp peanuts
2-3 button mushrooms
1 tbsp spring onion, chopped
2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
2 tbsp flour
1 wedge lime
1. Combine 30 soba noodles and 2 cups of vegetable broth in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 5 minutes. Stir and microwave for another 3 minutes.
2. Add 2-3 chopped carrots, mushrooms, and beansprouts.
3. Microwave another 2 minutes.
4. In a separate bowl, mix diced tofu, 2 tbsp flour, and 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
5. Drain noodles and add in booked tofu, 1 tbsp scallions, and 2 tbsp soy sauce.
6. Top with cilantro, a wedge of lime, and 1 tbsp of peanuts.
Like this recipe and looking for more easy vegan meals? You might also like my other easy vegan recipes!